Innovation meets Integration
eVisit is a telemedicine software platform built for healthcare providers that allows us to diagnose and treat our own patients online. Watch this video to learn more about AzTelehealth.
AZTelehealth Patient Enrollment Process
HIPAA Compliant Telemedicine Platform
First, create your AZTelehealth eVisit account today and do your next appointment online. Below is how you get started on a desktop or laptop.
- Download and utilize either google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to receive treatment via eVisit.
- Go to the web address: https://
- Create an account with your preferred email address and password.
- Fill out your personal information along with any other required information it prompts.
- Schedule your eVisit with your provider based on his/her availability
- At the time of your scheduled appointment login and click the Join button.
- See and chat with your provider through a 100% HIPAA compliant video to receive quick and easy treatment.
- Receive personalized care in fast time! If medically necessary prescription will be sent electronically to pharmacy of your choice.
How to Prepare for Virtual Visit: (Icon)
We service the entire state of Arizona. We are the Southwest region's leading virtual telemedicine platform.
1. Test Out Your WebcamBefore you start your online appointment, make sure your webcam is working. Open up the webcam via your control panel or video app like skype to test it out.
2. Make Sure Your Volume's OnYes, we know it's simple, but we've all made this mistake. Check your sound to make sure it isn't muted. You can also quickly open up a video online, or a song on a music player to test out your audio.
3. Test Your MicrophoneTry out your microphone. Open a recording program to test, or look for the microphone device in your control panel.
4. Plug In Your Computer Or Mobile DeviceThe last thing you want is for your power to die in the middle of the visit. Make sure your computer or mobile device is either fully charged or plugged in before the visit starts.
5. Use A Wired Internet ConnectionIt's fine to do a virtual visit over a wifi connection, but your computer is less likely to lose connection if it's plugged directly into the internet with a wired an ethernet cable. (If you're on a phone and you are experiencing bandwidth issues, try connecting to your home's wifi. We recommend using a connection of at least 3mbps.)
6. Close Unnecessary ProgramsHaving too many other things running on your computer or device can strain its memory and reduce the quality of your videochat. Before starting a virtual visit, close as many unnecessary programs as possible. If you haven't restarted your computer or closed out your browser in a while, you may want to do that a well.
7. Use The Right BrowserIf you're using an online web app, it might have certain requirements for what browser it runs best on. For instance, we recommend running the eVisit web app on Chrome or Firefox. Find the software's help or technical support sections to check what browsers you should use.
8. Dress AppropriatelyYour provider will be able to see you, so make sure you're dressed appropriately.
9. Find a Quiet SpaceWhether you're at home, at work, or traveling, try to find a quiet space where you're not likely to get interrupted. You'll feel more comfortable with a little privacy and you're less likely to be distracted during the visit.
10. Adjust the lightingBefore you start a virtual visit, test out the lighting. Is your image clear? Is the picture too fuzzy or dark? Try turning on overhead lights and blocking light from windows, which can lead to too much background light in the video.
11. Note Anything You'd Like To Ask Or Discuss With The ProviderTake a minute or two before starting the visual visit to jot down any questions you may have for the provider.
12. Have Your Healthcare Provider's Number HandyJust in case you have technical issues or other problems come up, have you provider's number at hand. Give the practice a call to keep them updated on any problems. You can also contact eVisit's support team at email@example.com if you have technical problems.
Get Started on Mobile Device: (icon)
Get on your mobile device
a. Apple iPad or iPhone
b. Android Tablet or Phone
c. Microsoft Surface Pro
2. Go to the web address from your device: https://app.evisit.com/ng/#/enroll/aztelehealth
3. Create an account with your preferred email address and password.
4. Fill out your personal information along with any other required information it prompts.
5. Schedule your eVisit with your provider based on his/her availability.
6. Download the eVisit app from either the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
7. At the time of your scheduled appointment login to the app and click the join button.
8. See and chat with your provider through a 100% HIPAA compliant video to receive quick and easy treatment.